Stainless Steel Nameplates & Data Plates
At Specialty Printing & Processing, we provide custom printing services for a wide range of metallic and non-metallic products. Equipped with over 100 years of combined printing experience, our award-winning team can print designs using screen printing or digital printing technology to suit a customer’s needs. One of the products we commonly print on is stainless steel nameplates.
What Are Stainless Steel Nameplates and Data Plates?
Nameplates are identification elements that display a person’s or product’s name. The term “data plate” can also be applied to ones used for manufactured products and equipment. In addition to the name, the piece can also show other important information depending on the intended application. For example, a product’s data plate may have a manufacturer’s name, contact information, serial number, and relevant specifications.
Nameplates and data plates can be affixed to the desired surface using several methods, including brackets, pressure-sensitive adhesives, and screws. Additionally, they can be made from a variety of materials. One of the most common is stainless steel. The material offers a combination of strength, corrosion resistance, durability, and aesthetic appeal that makes it suitable for many different applications.
Advantages of Stainless Steel Nameplates and Data Plates
There are a number of advantages to choosing nameplates and data plates made from stainless steel over those made from other materials. For example:
- Better corrosion resistance. As a CRS (corrosion resistant steel), stainless steel makes products constructed of it suitable for use in acidic and caustic environments often specified for a MIL-SPEC requirement.
- Longer outdoor life. In addition to corrosion resistance, stainless steel also offers resistance to damage from heat/cold, moisture, and other environmental conditions, which allows products to withstand long-term use in outdoor applications.
- Greater surface durability and impermeability. The high density of stainless steel makes the material resistant to abrasive or impact damage. Additionally, it makes the material impermeable, meaning bacteria and other contaminants cannot penetrate it. This quality is ideal for sensitive applications, such as those found in the food processing and medical industry.
- Higher-quality graphics. Stainless steel accommodates screen printing, which produces a permanent printed design. It also allows for both black/white and color text and graphics to be printed on the surface.
Applications of Stainless Steel Nameplates and Data Plates
Given the many advantages of stainless steel nameplates and data plates, it is no surprise they find use in numerous applications. Applications include:
- Asset tags
- Machine tags
- Rating plates
- Rigging and lift system tags
- Serial tags
- Wire rope and chain tags
Our Stainless Steel Nameplate Printing Services
Our expert team offers stainless steel nameplate printing capabilities for a wide range of colors and finishes, including milled, brushed, mirrored and more. Additionally, we can accommodate the following:
- Heavy-duty and high-temperature environmental requirements
- Serial number identification requirements
- Protection requirements (e.g., pre-masks and pre-clings)
Creative Project Solutions at Specialty Printing & Processing
As a one-stop shop for custom printing needs, we offer a variety of services beyond just screen printing and digital printing. Our other services include:
As a turnkey solutions provider, we have the knowledge, skills, and tools to help tackle any project challenge. Our capabilities for creative project solutions include design services, solutions for printing on complex components, die-cutting, and more. We specialize in start to finish service—from design to printing to assembly to packaging—without sacrificing quality.
Assembly and Sub-Assembly Services
Our assembly and sub-assembly services save customers time and money. By combining assembling components into a single unit, we help streamline the manufacturing process.
Graphic Overlay Printing Services
Our extensive graphic overlay printing and processing capabilities enable customers to tailor their graphic overlays to their exact functional and aesthetic requirements. Whether they need to include specific instructions, labeling, branding, colors, or designs, we’ll work with customers to create the perfect overlay for their product.
Contact Specialty Printing & Processing for Your Custom Stainless Steel Nameplates
If you need custom printed stainless steel nameplate or data plates, turn to the experts at Specialty Printing & Processing. Armed with a wide range of stainless steel printing and processing capabilities, we can design and deliver a solution that meets your specifications.
To learn more about our stainless steel nameplate printing services, contact us today. To discuss your specifications with one of our team members, request a consultation.