Custom Plastic Labels
Since 1961, Specialty Printing & Processing has provided nameplate manufacturing, custom
plastic labels, and so much more for industries such as medical, retail, and automotive. Our diverse capabilities and extensive experience allow us to serve a wide range of digital and screen printing needs. If you require custom plastic labels, our team can help you choose the right material, thickness, and finish for your application.
Benefits and Features of Our Custom Plastic Labels
At Specialty Printing & Processing, our high-quality custom plastic labels offer a wide range of benefits, including:
- Durable. Our high-performance materials are abrasion and chemical-resistant.
- Custom-Engineered Adhesives. Choose from full or selective adhesive coverage, low or high surface energies, smooth or textured surfaces, adhesives with spacers, pressure-sensitive backing, and more for permanent sticking power.
- Cost-Effective. Plastic label tooling costs are low, making it an economical choice for warning labels, descriptive or informational labels, compliance labels, branding, tamper-evident labels, and more.
- Weatherproof. Labels are suitable for indoor and outdoor use. We can help you choose a material based on the unique environmental factors your label will encounter, including extreme temperatures, rain, wind, cleaning products, and more.
- Versatile. We can print just about any static or variable data on your plastic label, including serial numbers, barcodes, property information, model numbers, brand names and logos, instructions, and more.
- Easy Application. Choose from peel tab or slit back liners. Our roll labels are made to be compatible with a variety of dispensers.
Common Materials Used to Create Custom Labels
The material you choose will depend upon your budget, aesthetic preferences, and application. Common materials include:
- Clear, white, or colored vinyl
- Modified ABS
We offer materials in thicknesses ranging from .002″ – .030″.
Custom Label Finish Options
Choose from a variety of finishes to match your functional and aesthetic requirements. Common label finish options include:
We also offer overlaminates to protect label surfaces from various environmental conditions. An overlaminate can extend the life of your labels while adding certain aesthetic qualities such as a textured, matte, or glossy finish. Common overlaminate materials include polyester, vinyl, polycarbonate, and polypropylene.
Label Printing Options
Whether you’re printing product information, branding, warnings, or anything else on your plastic
labels, there are several printing options to choose from. We’ll help you decide which one is right for you based on your chosen label material, the number of colors you want to print, your budget, and more:
- Screen Printing. This process involves applying a mesh pattern over the substrate and then pressing ink onto the substrate to create an image or text. With in-house capabilities including solvent, water-based, epoxy, UV, and enamel ink systems, we can accommodate all types of shapes, textures, and print sizes for custom labels.
- Digital Printing. Cost-effective and reliable, digital printing allows for crisp text and
vibrant colors. Digital printing is the way to go if you want to print photo-quality
images—we can achieve up to 2,880 DPI resolution for special projects, using both solvent and UV systems
- Roll Labeling. Using dedicated inkjet roll printers, transfer printers, and direct thermal
printers, we can create full-color roll labels, compatible with a variety of dispensers, in all
shapes and sizes.
In addition to these options, Specialty Printing & Processing also offers direct printing on products as an alternative to custom plastic labels.
Contact Specialty Printing & Processing For Your Custom Plastic Label Needs
For decades, Specialty Printing & Processing has specialized in printing custom plastic labels for a variety of needs. With a wide range of digital and graphic solutions, a senior staff with over 100 years of combined experience in screen printing, and value-added services that allow for turn-key solutions, we’re you’re trusted printing partner. Contact us to learn more about our extensive capabilities, or request a consultation to discuss your plastic label project.