Serial Number Nameplates, Labels and Tags
Serial number plates, tags, and labels identify products and allow you to pinpoint a single unit among an entire production run. This is important when it comes to maintenance and repairs, warranties, and recalls. Because they’re easily customized, serial number plates can include any information the manufacturer would like to include: make and model, serial number, company name and address, phone number, manufacturing date, and more.
Serial Number Plates Customized to Your Specifications
The information you choose to include on the serial tags is only the beginning of your customization options. At Specialty Printing & Processing, you can choose from a variety of colors and patterns to create unique serial number plates that help your brand stand out. If your serial tags will face special conditions, like high-temperature environments, excessive wear and tear, or lots of dirt and dust, we can modify or custom manufacture your tags to withstand these conditions, or offer a protective laminate, depending on your unique needs.
Serial Number Plate, Label, and Tag Materials
There is no one best material for your plates and labels; it’s a matter of what’s right for your application. Below are some options that we offer:
- Flexible film
- Rigid plastic
- Steel and stainless steel
If you’re unsure which option is right for you, our team can help you make an informed decision.
Applications and Uses for Serial Number Plates
Serial number plates have a variety of uses and applications. These include:
- Manufacturing: Metal serial tags help customers track their warranties and aid the manufacturer in quality control and maintenance schedules. If a recall is necessary, the manufacturer can narrow that recall to a single production run to help limit the damage. These tags are extremely common on a wide range of mass-produced products.
- Asset Tracking: This is especially important for farmers and other agricultural workers, miners, and construction companies. Serial tags make it easy for them to keep track of their equipment for warranties and service needs. It’s also important to have an accurate record of all equipment and machinery for insurance purposes, or when the owner decides to sell the business with equipment included.
- Inventory Management and Equipment Identification: With hundreds or thousands of identical products, it’s essential to know where they are. For inventory, shelving, and transportation purposes, serial number labels allow manufacturers and retailers to keep track of each item.
- Warranty Verification: The serial label gives the consumer an easy way to identify their unique product when dealing with warranties and maintenance. For the manufacturer or service provider, it’s a simple way to maintain a database of complaints and problems as well as a clear history of service requests and maintenance activities.
- Theft Protection: Your serial tag is proof of ownership. If you have a record of your serial number, it’s easy to identify your product if it gets stolen. It’s harder for a thief to resell a stolen item when the serial number can be traced to a legitimate purchase and a rightful owner.
Your One-Stop-Source for Serial Number Plates
For a complete serial number plate solution, Specialty Printing & Processing offers a variety of additional services for your convenience. Mix and match the services you need to help you save time and money. We handle sub assembly and packaging, including applying your serial number plates to the product. In addition, we offer electrical, pneumatic, and mechanical assembly, VMI, warehousing, and blanket orders, and electrical and mechanical specialty modifications.
Since 1961, we’ve been offering customized serial tag solutions for clients in many different industries, including construction, mining, manufacturing, military, medical, technology, and more. With extensive capabilities and years of experience, we can create the plates, tags, and labels to withstand your unique environmental conditions while clearly identifying that product and offering additional information to the consumer.