Equipment nameplates are used in a wide variety of industry applications such as vehicles, machinery, and other equipment that require identification. These nameplates typically include information such as manufacturing data, safety guidelines, or asset tracking, and they are made using durable and long-lasting materials that can withstand various industrial environments.
Specialty Printing & Processing specializes in the production of custom nameplates, data plates, serial plates, information plates, and product identifications. Our equipment nameplates can be customized based on color, texture, and pattern to provide the desired appearance, and we work with a range of materials to meet our customers’ specific needs. We can also incorporate features for heavy-duty use, high-temperature environments, serial number identification, and additional effects, as well as over-laminate films for added protection.
Equipment nameplates serve a variety of functions, whether it’s to display safety information, instructions, badges, branding or manufacturing information, or other product identification markings.
Typical applications for equipment nameplates include:
- Product identification plates
- Model number or serial number plates
- Rating plates
- Vehicle nameplates
- Metal valve tags
- Asset marking tags
- Safety information nameplates
- Instructional data plates
- Manufacturer information plates
- Logo nameplates with contact info and branding elements
Design Considerations for Equipment Nameplates
When designing custom nameplates for your particular application, there are many important factors to consider. To narrow down your specific design parameters, ask the following questions:
- What are the product dimensions?
- Will the equipment be used in hazardous conditions requiring custom metal nameplates or polyester nameplates?
- Do we require custom-printed elements like logos, diagrams, decorative elements, or branding?
- How will the nameplate be attached to the equipment?
- Does the nameplate require serial numbers or sequential numbering?
Answering these questions will ensure we design the best possible equipment nameplate for your needs while meeting requirements for size, material, environment, and more.
When choosing a material for your equipment nameplates, it’s crucial to select one that can withstand the specific conditions of your industrial environment while clearly displaying the necessary information. Common materials for equipment nameplates include:
- Aluminum. Aluminum is a popular material for metal nameplates due to its lightweight and corrosion resistance. This strong material can be easily formed and machined and provides excellent contrast and readability in almost any color. Aluminum nameplates offer a more cost-effective option compared to other materials.
- Stainless Steel. Stainless steel equipment nameplates are known for their shiny luster, low-maintenance properties, and strength. Their corrosion resistance and antimicrobial properties make stainless steel nameplates a great choice for the food industry as well as acidic or highly caustic environments. They also offer excellent resistance to stains, dents, and scratches.
- Brass. Because of their luxurious appearance and warm luster, brass nameplates are typically found in various decorative and industrial applications. Brass is durable and has excellent resistance properties, making it suitable for indoor or outdoor extreme environments.
- Metalphoto. Metalphoto is the most durable material option for equipment nameplates. This long-lasting material features an impenetrable surface that can withstand sunlight, heat, and abrasion. These nameplates are ideal for extreme environmental conditions and constant outdoor exposure, making them a popular choice for various aerospace and military applications.
- Polyester. Polyester exhibits versatility, clarity, dimensional stability, and high tensile strength, making it a great choice for various industrial nameplate applications. Polyester equipment nameplates are lightweight; easy to die-cut and print; and resist abrasion, chemicals, and a wide range of temperatures and humidity levels.
- Polycarbonate. Polycarbonate nameplates offer optical clarity, mechanical strength, low haze, and high light transmission. They also offer dimensional stability and resistance to heat, stains, and chemicals. These features make it a great material choice for indoor equipment and other industrial nameplate applications.
On top of these materials, Specialty Printing & Processing also offers flexible film nameplates, steel nameplates, acrylic nameplates, and brass nameplates.
At Specialty Printing & Processing, our custom equipment nameplates are available with a wide range of features including:
- Logos and branding
- Range of colors, finishes, textures, and patterns
- Protective over-laminate films such as pre-masks, polyesters, and polycarbonate
- Serial numbers
- Mounting options such as adhesives, velcro, brackets and clips, and direct attachment. This includes pre-drilled holes for fasteners, facilitating screws, bolts, or rivets.
Equipment Nameplates from Specialty Printing & Processing
We are ready to help you create the right equipment nameplate solution for your unique needs. Our team specializes in low- to medium-volume production of custom equipment nameplates, and we can provide high-quality identification solutions to meet your particular requirements. As a turnkey provider, we also offer a range of value-added services with a dedication to excellent customer service. To learn more about our custom equipment nameplates, contact us today, request a quote, or request a consultation.