Nameplates & Product Identification Plates
Specialty Printing & Processing specializes in low- to high-volume production of custom nameplates, data plates, serial plates, information plates, data plates, and product identifications. Our cutting-edge facility enables us to provide digital printing, assembly, sub-assembly, and creative custom solution recommendations.
Not sure what you need? Our award-winning team has over 100 years of combined experience manufacturing nameplates and product identification; we offer industrial engineering services to ensure your design makes it onto the product and stays there. Get connected with our team of experts today.
Our Nameplate Manufacturing Capabilities
Specialty Printing & Processing produces:
- Custom nameplates
- Product identification
- Serial plates
- Data plates
- Information plates
These often convey crucial information like user instructions, weight limits, serial numbers, and other traceability data.
The most common manufacturing processes we utilize to create custom product nameplates include:
- Screen Printing: Screen printing involves using a mesh screen to transfer ink onto the nameplate. We have four different types of screen printing equipment that can create high-quality, durable results.
- Digital Printing: Digital printing uses digital files to print directly onto the desired materials. By eliminating many of the mechanical steps required by traditional printing techniques, this modern printing method drastically reduces setup time. With just a computer and a printer, digital printing can produce high-quality, high-resolution images quickly.
Other processes that can be utilized to create nameplates and product ID signage include etching and engraving.
Our finishing capabilities for nameplates include:
- Adhesive application
- Die cutting
- Round cornering
- Hole punching
At Specialty Printing & Processing, we use various materials to manufacture product identifications and nameplates.
- Flexible films
- Rigid sheet
- Thicker polycarbonates
- Specialty plastics such as modified ABS
- Aluminum: This is a cost-effective and versatile nameplate material. Aluminum is durable, lightweight, corrosion-resistant, and allows for clean and clear presentation in any color.
- Stainless Steel: Stainless steel nameplates offer durability, antimicrobial properties, superior corrosion resistance, and high-quality graphics.
- Brass: Brass is a durable material with excellent weather resistance properties. It also has a unique, lustrous color that lends itself well to decorative and industrial applications.
- Metalphoto: This long-lasting material offers an impenetrable surface that can withstand abrasion, sunlight, and heat. These properties make metalphoto ideal for military, aerospace, and other outdoor heavy-duty applications. This material can provide up to 20-year outdoor life.
Sizes & Shapes
We can work with a variety of shapes and sizes. Some common ones include:
- Polycarbonate sheet goods 4’ by 8’
- Polyester and vinyl rolls up to 60” wide webs
- Product identification labels up to 4’ by 8’
- We can accommodate finished digital roll products up to 60” in width
Finishes we offer include matte, satin, brushed, velvet, and engraved or etched markings. Our M&R and American Cameo screen printers can create a variety of nameplate and product identification designs. We also have a full line of digital printing equipment, including Mimaki, Epson, Gerber, and HP systems.
Mounting options include magnets, Velcro, clips, pressure-sensitive adhesives, brackets, and more. We can ensure the ID plates are prepared for mounting via:
- Backing Adhesives: Once the nameplates have been marked, they have to be attached to the product surface. Specialty Printing & Processing offers durable and reliable adhesive backing options, including a wide selection of 3M® adhesives with waterproof properties, UV resistance, solvent resistance, and high- and low-temperature resistance. These can be applicable for low or high-surface energy substrates. We also offer General Formulations, FLEXcon, and Avery nameplate adhesives.
- Factors that determine the best choice of adhesive include application and environment, surface texture, surface material, surface energy, and weight. Adhesives are pressure-sensitive, solvent-activated, or thermal-activated. Our team can help you select the right adhesives to fit your specific needs.
- Products can be manufactured with tabs or slits to allow ease of application.
- Mounting Holes: Mounting holes accommodate screws, bolts, fasteners, drive screws, and rivets.
- Mounting Tabs: Mounting tabs facilitate mechanical attachment.
- Welding Voids: We can accommodate and design void areas within the part to facilitate welding as a mounting option.
Considerations & Applications
Environmental conditions can impact the appearance, performance, and longevity of the nameplates we create. We often consider the environment that the nameplate will be functioning in when recommending nameplate materials, mounting, and more. Here are the factors we consider:
- Indoor or outdoor
- Caustic environments
- Industrial environments
- UV exposure and fading resistance
- Mounting process and surface cleanliness
Benefits of Product ID Plates and Nameplates
Benefits of partnering with us to produce your nameplates and product identifications include:
- Making a good first impression: Brands only have a few seconds to capture a prospective buyer’s interest. A visually appealing product identification label can introduce the product to them in a positive light, making a great first impression.
- Establishing credibility and brand awareness: Nameplates help differentiate your products from others on the market. A properly placed and designed nameplate can promote brand awareness and build credibility among consumers.
- Complying with legal regulations: Product identifications are often required by law to inform users how to use a certain product. Designing and printing high-quality labels can keep your company in full legal compliance.
- Protecting users: Nameplates and product identification can help ensure the safety of your customers by communicating all necessary product information about safe and correct use.
- Preventing theft: Permanently attached nameplates make products traceable and can guard against counterfeiting and theft.
Custom Nameplates From Specialty Printing & Processing
Nameplates and product identification play a vital role in helping companies keep track of their products, prevent theft, differentiate their products from competitors, and increase brand awareness while conveying important information to customers.
If you need custom nameplates or product identifications, our team is ready to help. We provide high-quality nameplates and product identification services as well as a wide range of value-added services to meet your unique printing and processing needs. For more information about our capabilities, contact us today or request a consultation.
Namplates and Product Identification Capabilities
- Sheet Sizes
- Nameplates: up to 28″ x 84″
Product Identification: 4′ x 8′
Digital Roll Products: up to 26’ long for custom product identification labels
- Up to 26′
- Production Volumes
- From 1 to 100,000’s
- Flexible films
- Flexible films
- Mounting Options
Direct attachment holes
Pressure Sensitive Adhesive Nameplates
- Approved Process
- Metalphoto Aluminum to comply with many MIL spec applications
- Screen Printing Equipment
- M & R 5296 Patriot Screen Printing Press
Sias 4052 Screen Printing Press
Sias 3047 Screen Printing Press
American Cameo 2030 Screen Printing Press
- Engraving/Marking Equipment
- New Hermes Rotary Engraving System
Epilog Laser Engraving, Cutting and Marking system
AXYZ 5 x 10 CNC Router with I Cut
- Cincinatti Super Jet III Jet Dryer 1,000,000 BTU
Multiple UV reactor drying systems
- Cutting Equipment
- COLEX Digital Plotter Cutter Router
Thomson American Clamshell Diecutter
Prism Digital Control Powercutter
AXYZ Router with I-Cut
- Laminating Equipment
- Multiple Laminators: hot and cold, 24″ up to 64″
- Packaging Equipment
- ZED Blister Pack Machine
Shrink Wrap and Heat Tunnel Machines
- Digital Printing Solutions
- Xerox Iridesse 120 Digital Color Press
Mimaki JV150-130 Wide Format Printer
Mimaki JV300-160 Wide Format Printer
Mimaki UCJV300-130 Wide Format Printer
Mimaki JFX200-2513 UV Flatbed Printer: 4′ x 8′ x 2″
Mimaki UJF3042 & 6042 UV Flatbed Printers: 18″ x 26″ x 4″
HP Indigo 5600 High Speed Digital Printer
Epson 9800 Medium Width Printer
Gerber Edge Printing & Cutting System
- Laser Engraving
- Specializes in cutting, marking, serialization and barcoding
- Materials can be overlaminated with various films such as polyester, polycarbonate, or vinyl to provide protection, appearance or effect. Pressure sensitive adhesives can be laminated to films or sheets to facilitate mounting functionality for the finished part. We can put together multiple layers of different materials to create insulators, shielding components or custom constructions for special applications. Copper and aluminum foils are examples of products we utilize for those special needs.
- Slitting is done to create a back or front slit in a protective liner to provide the crack and peel effect for pressure sensitive products. Slitting is also used as a lower cost alternative to pull tabs on pressure sensitive adhesive-backed products. Power shearing and back slitting, for example, are alternatives to tooling and die-cutting. Back slits on parts are also advantageous for strategic part placement where only part of the liner is removed and the part can be handled or positioned easily.
- Powercutting is the use of a guillotine power shear with a digital readout controller to semi precision cut films, thin gauge sheets and layered constructions into square or rectangular shapes. Our largest production cutter is 54″ wide, but we do special cutting up to 12′ for products such as banners and sign inserts. Shearing is our cutting process for rectangular sheet products in gauge metals.
- Die-cutting by means of using Steel Rule Dies is an industry standard for cutting shaped parts or parts with interior cutouts, tabs, or large volume. All of our roll labels are produced using tooling, but in many cases, common die shapes or sizes can use common tools. In our sheet-fed products we utilize Clamshell type die-cutters. For smaller quantities or larger products, our Colex Digital Plotter Cutter Router can be utilized to kiss-cut or die-cut products as a digital solution instead of a steel rule die purchase.