Custom Die Cutting of a DC Connection Marker Label for the Automotive Industry
Specialty Printing & Processing’s solution-centric team was commissioned by a customer in the automotive industry to develop a product that would provide both insulation shielding and electrical assembly information in one cohesive unit. Utilizing our custom graphic and die cutting services, we developed a DC connection marker insulating label that offered many benefits to our customer’s overall operation. It reduced their inventory, eliminated a SKU on their purchasing and inventory, and reduced assembly time and product cost.
Utilizing our state of the art equipment operated by our knowledgeable staff, the marker labels measured 5.75″ long x 6.75″ wide, and were within tightness tolerances of ±.005. The marker labels were made of PBT FR-1 polyester film with thicknesses of 0.015″. The labels were finished with a gloss coating and a screening process placed blue lettering and diagrams on a white background. Our quality control process tests all final products using visual and measurement inspections to compare the end product with the customer’s supplied 2D CAD drawing.
We encourage you to contact Specialty Printing & Processing to learn more about our custom die cutting services, or any of our other capabilities.
Highlights of this Marker Label Die Cutting Project
- Custom Die Cutting
- This Marker Label is used to mark DC connections in automotive applications.
- Die Cutting Capabilities Applied/Processes
- Equipment Used to Manufacture Part
- Semi-Automatic Clamshell Screen Printing Press
Clamshell Die Cutter
- Overall Part Dimensions
- Length: 5.75″
- Tightest Tolerances
- +/- .005
- Material Used
- PBT FR-1 Polyester Film
- White background Blue Lettering
- Material Finish
- In process testing/inspection performed
- Measurement and Visual inspection compared to customer drawing
- Industry for Use
- Automotive Industry
- 200/order, multiple orders per year
- Delivery/Turnaround Time
- 5-7 day production cycle
- Delivery Location
- Hilliard, Ohio
- Standards Met
- Customer supplied print, 2D CAD Drawing
- Product Name
- Custom DC Connection Marker Label